BEGINNING QUILTING: LAPTOP QUILT
Quilts are an important part of our American heritage. Bring your own sewing machine and create a one-of-a-kind 48” X 60” quilt. Instruction includes essential quilting skills such as cutting, piecing and sewing, selecting backing and batting, top-stitching and binding.
AVIS 078 A
Saturday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
September 24 – December 3
(No class November 26)
Limit 10 students.
Instructor: Jimmy Swank
Ford Campus, Detroit
Materials and Supplies:
- Sewing machine
- Sewing machine needles and bobbins
- Thread to match fabric backing
- Tape Measure
- Rotary cutter 45mm
- Rotary cutting mat 24”x36”
- 24”x6” rule/cutting guide
- 100+ quilting straight stick pins
- Scissors- Large and small
- Seam ripper
- Hand needles
- Pattern- will be given to you the first week of class
- Fabric- will be discussed the first week of class
CCS Precollege and Continuing Studies has gone paperless! To request documentation in writing through USPS, please contact the Precollege and Continuing Studies department at (313) 664-7456 or email pcs@collegeforcreativestudies.