CERAMICS: WHEEL THROWING -
Open to all skill levels. Learn the basics of using the potter’s wheel to create your own functional ceramics. Intermediate students will learn how to assemble pieces to create multifaceted pieces. All students will also explore different glazing and firing techniques including: Reduction, Wood, and Electric firing.
AVIS 283 A
- Thursday, 6 p.m. - 9p.m.
- May 18 — June 29
- Seven sessions
- $285 plus $65 material fee
- Ford Campus, C*110
- Limit 10 students
- Instructor: Claire Thibodeau
- Required Supplies and source options:
- Pottery tool kit
- (CCS Store) 8 Piece Pottery Tool Set
- (Blick) Kemper Pottery Tool Kit
- (Blick) 8 -Piece Beginner Pottery Tool Set
- (Amazon) SE 4PT8 8-Piece Pottery Tool Set
- (Amazon) Alvin & Co. Pottery Tool Set, 9pc
- (Rovin) Pottery Tool Kit
- (Runyan) Tool Kits
- Brush set (for slip and glaze application)
- Any type
- Suggested Supplies and source options:
- 5 quart plastic bucket + 1 quart plastic lidded container (for slip)
- (Blick) Plastic Buckets with lids
- (Amazon) Leaktite 1 qt mixing container
- (Amazon) Leaktite 5 qt mixing container
- N95 particulate mask (a separate one from their personal mask for spraying glazes, if that is demonstrated).
By registering for this class, I agree to participate in this program.
CCS Precollege and Continuing Studies has gone paperless! To request documentation in writing through USPS, please contact the Precollege and Continuing Studies department at (313) 664-7456 or email pcs@collegeforcreativestudies.