Basic Pattern Drafting and Sewing
Design and sew your own simple garments. Learn how to draft a pattern using your measurements, properly cut fabric, and finish your creations on a sewing machine. Bring your own sewing machine to class. Students should have some machine sewing experience and will need to purchase additional supplies.
AEXP 071 A
- Wednesday, 6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
- May 18 — June 29
- Six sessions (No class June 1)
- Supplies needed for this class are listed below
- Taubman Center, T*913b
- Limit 12 students
- Instructor: Robin Burton
List of Required Materials to bring with you on the first day of class:
- Sewing machine, machine needles and bobbins.
Pattern Butterick 5627 or Vogue 1004/1003.
- 3 yards fabric, 1/2 yard interfacing.
- Tape measure.
- Straight pins.
- Seam ripper.
- Ruler or seam gauge.
- Required Text: "DESIGNING APPAREL THROUGH THE FLAT PATTERN, SIXTH EDITION." or "PATTERN MAKING FOR FASHION DESIGN" The text books can be found online through sites such as https://www.thriftbooks.com/ Neither of the texts are available at the CCS Bookstore.
CCS requires a COVID-19 vaccination record (whether vaccinated or unvaccinated) for faculty, students and staff, including continuing education students for the Winter 2022 semester. All people on campus are required to wear masks indoors and adhere to additional policies set in place by individual departments and facilities.
By registering for this class, I agree to participate in this program.
CCS Precollege and Continuing Studies has gone paperless! To request documentation in writing through USPS, please contact the Precollege and Continuing Studies department at (313) 664-7456 or email pcs@collegeforcreativestudies.