Students will learn elements of visual storytelling. Emphasis will be placed on hand drawn line quality and contrasting values in monochromatic drawing. Class projects include: working from a script, imagery, developing characters, inking and lettering.
AGRC 217 A
- Tuesday, 7:00 - 10:00 p.m.
- October 4 - November 22
- Eight sessions
- Taubman Center, Detroit
- Limit 15 students
- Instructor: Keith Hinman
The following is a list of supplies needed for the course. Students may adapt this list to meet their personal drawing style with different pens, markers, and/or pencils:
- A light wooden pencil (3h or 2h), a medium pencil (F or H) and a darker pencil (2b)
- Mechanical Pencil (.5mm and 0.3mm) with H or 2B hardness lead.
- 12' Ruler
- Kneaded Eraser
- Gum Eraser
- Eraser Pen
- Ultra fine Point Sharpie and Chisel Tip Sharpie
- Clear Plastic Triangle Rulers (4', 6', 9' 12' inch)
- Electric Eraser Pen
- Colerase Blue Pencil or Mechanical Pencil with Pilot Color Mechanical Pencil Lead (blue)
- 2mm lead holder with H Lead
- Tombow Monozero Eraser Pen
- Ink Pens of various sizes (such as Micron)
- Brush Pen (such as Pentel Arts Brush Pen)
By registering for this class, I agree to participate in this program.
CCS Precollege and Continuing Studies has gone paperless! To request documentation in writing through USPS, please contact the Precollege and Continuing Studies department at (313) 664-7456 or email pcs@collegeforcreativestudies.