Not so Ugly Dolls and Soft Sculptures Online Class
They may not be pretty, but they sure are fun. Create your own quirky, loveable doll out of fabric and stuffing. Create your character’s backstory. Did they arrive by rocket ship? Can they swim the backstroke in a pool of Kool-aide? Do they have more eyes than hands or feet? Inventing your character is half the fun. Learn how to create a pattern and hand sew your new friend out of felt or fleece. Students must be able to thread a needle independently to participate.
- Unlined Paper (copy paper)
- Tracing Paper (optional)
- Colored pencils, crayons, sharpie fine point and/or markers,
- Pencils and erasers
- One half yard of two different colors of felt or fleece material
- Needle and thread or glue
- Polyester fiberfill
- Yarn, sequins, buttons, etc.
- Ruler (optional)
- AGES 8 to 10
- 9:00am - 9:10am Introductions and Icebreaker!
- 9:10am - 9:30am Interactive Demo #1
- 9:30am - 10:00am Students engage on project work with Instructor Feedback
- 10:00am - 10:20am Interactive Demo #2 followed by Assignment to work on Independently
- 10:20am - 10:30am Project Work with Instructor Feedback
- AGES 11 to 14
- 11:00am - 11:10am Introductions and Icebreaker!
- 11:10am - 11:30am Interactive Demo #1
- 11:30am - 12:00pm Students engage on project work with Instructor Feedback
- 12:00pm - 12:20pm Interactive Demo #2 followed by Assignment to work on Independently
- 12:20pm - 12:30pm Project Work with Instructor Feedback
By registering for this class, I agree to participate in this program.
Courses will meet over Zoom in small groups of 15 or less students. Classes will be recorded and transcribed for quality purposes and made available in the event a student cannot attend class. Recordings will be deleted after 60 days.