Both beginning and experienced students will benefit from focusing on the traditional principles of figurative drawing. Form, gesture, proportion, modeling and perspective will be explored. Figure Drawing classes utilize both draped and nude models. Adult classes are open to students ages 16+
ADRW 301 B
- Saturday, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- March 19 - April 30
- Six sessions (No class April 16)
- $285 plus $45 model fee
- Ford Campus, WB Ford Bldg. W*309
- Limit 15 students
- Instructor: Ed Donald
List of Required Materials to bring with you on the first day of class:
- Pencils (Standard 2B)
- Copy paper
- Drawing Paper (9 X11" or 18 X 24")
- Vine Charcoal (soft or extra soft)
- 100% Cotton Cloth (old cloth t-shirt is fine)
- Conté pencils (Red-Brown, Black)
- Pencil Sharpener
- Rubber Eraser
List of Optional Materials
- Kneaded eraser with a Ziploc bag to keep it in
- Prismacolor Col-Erase and/or Verithin pencils (Dark Blue, Red, Brown, Black)
- Fine Drawing Paper for experienced students, 18 x 24 inches
- Chamois Cloth
- X-acto knife (#1 knife, #11 blade)
- Drafting tape or Artist's tape
- Blending stumps
- Sketchbook, 8 1/2 X 11" or 11" X14"
- Graphite Pencils (2B, 4B, 6B)
- Charcoal Pencils (Soft, Extra Soft)
- Sandpaper sharpening strip
- Newsprint paper (18 X 24")
- Portfolio case
- Toolkit to house supplies
CCS requires a COVID-19 vaccination record (whether vaccinated or non-vaccinated) for all faculty, students and staff, including continuing education students, for the Winter 2022 semester. All people on campus are required to wear masks indoors and adhere to any additional policies put in place by individual departments.
By registering for this class, I agree to participate in this program.
CCS Precollege and Continuing Studies has gone paperless! To request documentation in writing through USPS, please contact the Precollege and Continuing Studies department at (313) 664-7456 or email pcs@collegeforcreativestudies.