Portfolio Prep Online Intensive - AUGUST 2-6
The core of a strong art college application is a solid portfolio. Build or enhance your portfolio based on professional critiques and observational drawing assignments. Learn how best to present your talents.
THIS IS A GOOD CONCENTRATION IF YOU: Are applying to art and design college. Want to create a winning portfolio. Want to know what admissions counselors are looking for.
Students and professionals alike are sometimes challenged by their ability to quickly indicate visual ideas in an easily understandable form. Drawing Studio Online Intensive is designed to provide students with the skills they need to create original and compelling works of art.
This one-week course will help you be prepared for art and design college.In this course, you will:
- Develop design and drawing skills
- Focus on fundamental observational drawing skills
- Create work for your college admissions portfolio
- Learn under the direction of CCS faculty
The Portfolio Prep Online Intensive lead instructor will be CCS adjunct professor David Flaugher.
Each morning and afternoon, classes will connect via Zoom sessions that will be used for small-group live video chats, demos, and lectures that teach fundamental observational drawing techniques that are vital for a winning portfolio. You will work on assignments independently, develop your visual vocabulary, and create portfolio-quality work. 10am-2:30pm eastern standard time. See tentative schedule posted with images.
The week will culminate with individual portfolio reviews with your instructor.
Register now, enrollment is limited to 15 students!
Supplies that you will need to have on hand to participate in the class will be shared with students and listed below.
- Pencils (Standard 2B)
- Copy paper
- Drawing Paper (9 X11" or 18 X 24")
- Vine Charcoal (soft or extra soft)
- 100% Cotton Cloth (old cloth t-shirt is fine)
- Pencil Sharpener
- Rubber Eraser
- Kneaded eraser
- Bic-Pens (or similar ballpoint)
- Prismacolor Col-Erase and/or Verithin pencils (Dark Blue, Red, Brown, Black)
- Chamois Cloth
- X-acto knife
- Drafting tape or Artist's tape
- Blending stumps
- Sketchbook, 8 1/2 X 11" or 11" X14"
- Graphite Pencils (4H, 2H, HB, B, 2B, 4B, 6B)
- Charcoal Pencils (Hard, Medium, Soft, Extra Soft)
- Sandpaper sharpening strip
- Newsprint paper (9 X 11" or 18 X 24")
- Measuring Stick (a BBQ skewer works well)
- Toolkit to house supplies
Courses will meet over Zoom in small groups of 15 or less students. Classes will be recorded and transcribed for quality purposes and made available in the event a student cannot attend class. Recordings will be deleted after 60 days.