Create your own character and learn the basic skills needed to make the character come alive on screen. Students will improve their character drawing skills as they create a hand-drawn animated sequence that tells a story using simple character acting.
AGRC 111 OT
- Saturday, 12 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- February 26 - April 2
- Six sessions
- Online, Live over zoom
- Limit 12 students
- Instructor: Abby Ferry
Requirements: Internet Access and the "Stop Motion" App downloaded to device. Students can choose to work with traditional or digital mediums.
Supplies needed for students working with traditional mediums:
- Plain unlined paper, such as copy paper
- Sharpie fine tip and regular
- Camera (Phone camera is fine)
- Stop Motion App
- Pad of 11”x 17” Smooth Bristol Paper
- Preferred method of coloring, i.e. color pencils, watercolors, gouache
Supplies needed for students working with digital mediums:
- Wacom Tablet, Cintiq, or iPad
- Access to Photoshop, Procreate, or Clip Studio (or any other digital animation software)
- Scanner (if transferring traditional pencil tests for digital clean-up)
By registering for this class, I agree to participate in this program.
Courses will meet over Zoom in small groups of 15 or less students. Classes will be recorded and transcribed for quality purposes and made available in the event a student cannot attend class. Recordings will be deleted after 15 days.