Learn how to carve in wood or stone using both traditional and contemporary tools. Projects are self directed with the help from the instructor. The outline of supplies can be found below.
AVIS 148 A
- Saturday, 1-4 p.m.
- July 22 - September 30 (no class September 2)
- Ten sessions
- Instructor: TBD
- Limited to 10 Students
- CCS will provide carving tools.
- Riffler rasps and other specialty tools may need to be purchased by students based on their individual projects.
- Students will need to purchase their own sandpapers.
- Students will purchase their own wood or stone. Milled hardwoods are preferred. Limestone is best for beginner students, though marble and crystal are also options. Suggested retailers: https://publiclumber.com/ and https://www.flatlandersculpture.com/ Students can also purchase stone from CCS, per the available stock.
- Wood and stone pieces should be the size of a human head or larger.
By registering for this class, I agree to participate in this program.
CCS Precollege and Continuing Studies has gone paperless! To request documentation in writing through USPS, please contact the Precollege and Continuing Studies department at (313) 664-7456 or email pcs@collegeforcreativestudies.