Automotive Design Online Intensive: July 12-16
Experience the challenge and excitement of designing your own concept car of the future. Learn the fundamentals of gestural sketching and perspective for the complex form of an automobile and build your portfolio.
THIS IS A GOOD CONCENTRATION IF YOU: Like things that move. Gravitate toward sleek design. Surround yourself with planes, trains and automobiles. Visualize what life will be like 20 years from now.
The class will cover the essential drawing, sketching, and rendering skills automotive designers need to demonstrate their vision. Students will create a concept vehicle for the year 2050.
This one-week course that will help you explore the exciting field of automotive design. In this course, you will:
- Develop automotive design, sketching, and rendering skills
- Create work for a college admissions portfolio,
- Meet experienced automotive designers
- Learn under the direction of CCS Transportation Design faculty
The Transportation Design Online Intensive lead instructor will be Brook Banham, CCS Transportation Design Adjunct Faculty. Banham, founder of Middlecott Designs, has worked on designs for Daimler/Benz, Volkswagen, Ford, GM, and Delta Airlines.
Each morning and afternoon, classes will connect via Zoom sessions that will be used for small-group live video chats, demos, and lectures that teach industry sketching and drawing techniques. You will work on assignments independently, develop your visual vocabulary, and create portfolio-quality work. You will also have one-on-one sessions with your professor and portfolio guidance from an admissions counselor. 10am-2:30pm eastern standard time. See tentative schedule posted with images.
You will have the amazing opportunity to interact with working automotive designers and get insights into succeeding in the automotive design industry.
After the 2021 Automotive Design Online Intensive program, students will know if this is the right career path for them and be well prepared to take the first steps toward that future.
Supplies that you will need to have on hand to participate in the class will be shared with students and listed below.
- BIC Orange Original Fine Ballpoint Pens Fine Point (0.8 mm) - Link
- Prismacolor Premier Double-Ended Art Markers, Fine and Chisel Tip: 30% Cool Grey link, 50% Cool Grey link, 70% Cool Grey link
- Circle Template
- Sharpie Twin Tip, Black
- Ream of letter size photocopy paper 8.5 x 11”
- Prismacolor Premier Double-Ended Art Markers, Fine and Chisel Tip – cool grey range – link
- 8.5 x 11” letter size or 9 x 12” spiral bound blank sketchbook
- Winsor & Newton Designers Gouache - Permanent White, 14 ml tube link
- Fine paintbrush Round Size 1 link
- BIC White-Out Quick Dry Correction Fluid, White link
- Ellipse Guides - Alvin 3902 02 Small Series Ellipse Set of 15 Price/ST link
- Mechanical Pencil 0.5mm link
Register now, enrollment is limited to 15 students!
Courses will meet over Zoom in small groups of 15 or less students. Classes will be recorded and transcribed for quality purposes and made available in the event a student cannot attend class. Recordings will be deleted after 15 days.
By registering for this class, I agree to participate in this program.