Athletic Shoe Design Online Intensive July 20-24, 2020
Design an athletic shoe that is forward thinking, has street cred, and is worthy of a $1 million dollar celebrity deal. Students will develop their vision of shoe design that is functional and aesthetically satisfying.
THIS IS A GOOD CONCENTRATION IF YOU: Have a good shoe game, like solving puzzles, and enjoy sports or the great outdoors.
This one week remote course will help you explore the growing field of Athletic Shoe Design from your own home.
In this course, you will:
- Develop design and drawing skills
- Create work for your college admissions portfolio
- Meet experienced industry professionals who have designed for Nike, Adidas, and Jordan Brand
- Learn under the direction of CCS Product Design faculty
The Athletic Shoe Design Online Intensive lead instructor will be Steve Schock, CCS Product Design Faculty. Steve Shock has worked with numerous Fortune 500 companies including Nike, Reebok, and New Balance. His students have gone on to work for all major global brands.
Each morning and afternoon, classes will connect via Zoom sessions that will be used for small-group live video chats, demos, and lectures that teach industry design and drawing techniques. You will work on assignments independently, develop your visual vocabulary, and create portfolio-quality work. You will also have one-on-one sessions with your professor and portfolio guidance from an admissions counselor. See tentative schedule for reference.
D’Wayne Edwards, founder of Pensole Academy. At 19 Edwards became the youngest designer in the industry, at 23 he became the lead designer at LA gear. Edwards went on to be the lead designer of Jordan brand at Nike. Edward has earned 50 design patents during his 30+ career.
Allen Largin, former designer with Adidas Brooklyn Creator Farm.
Special industry speakers will check in with the group remotely. You will have the amazing opportunity to interact with these industry experts and gain insights into careers in the sports and product design industries. The week will culminate with reviews by CCS Product Design Chair Vincenzo Iaviacoli.
Register now, enrollment is limited to 12 students!
AEXP 104 TOA
MONDAY - FRIDAY
Supplies that you will need to have on hand to participate in the class:
- Plain unlined paper, such as copy paper: A ream or at least 250 sheets
- Sharpie twin tipped permanent black markers with fine tip and Ultra fine tip: A pack of four is recommended
- Pad or individual sheets Vellum 8 ½” X 11”: 50 sheets
Additional recommended supplies that you may want, but aren’t mandatory
- Prismacolor Col-Erase Erasable colored pencils 24 pack
- Copic Markers, 12 piece basic set
- Taytools 504000 12” flexible curve ruler, measuring tape