Intro to Product Design: Sneakers
This course introduces students to the fundamentals of the four phases of the design process. Students are exposed to social, economic and market needs, along with sustainable processes. Students will follow the design process as they create a design for an athletic shoe.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Incorporate the design process as defined by phases of the project.
- Present work verbally for class review and critique in an organized, clear, and effective format.
- Build sketch models and create finished 3-D models with attention to detail and a basic understanding of form language.
- Organize deliverables by creating a clear and captivating visual process that adheres to the brief and successfully communicates a story and present the design process by using presentation software .
Fall Semester September 6-December 18
- PCS147XB Tuesday, Thursday 4-6:45pm
High school Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors may take CCS dual enrollment classes through CCS this Fall and save almost 80% of the cost of the class. The cost of the $4,803 class is discounted to $900 for high school students participating in the Dual Enrollment program. Classes are available online and as a hybrid of online and in person classes.
High school students living in Michigan may qualify for additional financial support through their school district.
Build your portfolio, complete your prerequisites, and earn three college credits before you graduate from high school. Complete the Dual Enrollment Application here.
Students will earn 3.0 transferable college credits.
For more information about Dual Enrollment contact the Office of Precollege and Continuing Studies at 313.664.7456.
A limited number of scholarships are available for high school students to take "Intro to Product Design: Sneakers" through the "Design for an Equitable Future" grant from GM. Apply here by April 15, 2021.