Ceramics: Wheel Throwing
Open to all skill levels including beginners. Learn the basics of using the potter’s wheel to create your own functional ceramics. Intermediate students will learn how to assemble pieces to create multifaceted pieces. All students will also explore different glazing and firing techniques including: Reduction, Wood, and Electric firing.
AVIS 283 A
- Staturday, 9 a.m. - 12p.m.
- Oct 1 — Nov 12
- Seven sessions
- $245, plus $35 material fee
- Ford Campus, C*110
- Limit 10 students
- Instructor: Sara Nishikawa
- Required Supplies and source options:
- Pottery tool kit
- (CCS Store) 8 Piece Pottery Tool Set
- (Blick) Kemper Pottery Tool Kit
- (Blick) 8 -Piece Beginner Pottery Tool Set
- (Amazon) SE 4PT8 8-Piece Pottery Tool Set
- (Amazon) Alvin & Co. Pottery Tool Set, 9pc
- (Rovin) Pottery Tool Kit
- (Runyan) Tool Kits
- Brush set (for slip and glaze application)
- Any type
- Suggested Supplies and source options:
- 5 quart plastic bucket + 1 quart plastic lidded container (for slip)
- (Blick) Plastic Buckets with lids
- (Amazon) Leaktite 1 qt mixing container
- (Amazon) Leaktite 5 qt mixing container
- N95 particulate mask (a separate one from their personal mask for spraying glazes, if that is demonstrated).
CCS requires a COVID-19 vaccination record (whether vaccinated or unvaccinated) for faculty, students and staff, including continuing education students for the Winter 2022 semester. All people on campus are required to wear masks indoors and adhere to additional policies set in place by individual departments and facilities.
By registering for this class, I agree to participate in this program.
CCS Precollege and Continuing Studies has gone paperless! To request documentation in writing through USPS, please contact the Precollege and Continuing Studies department at (313) 664-7456 or email pcs@collegeforcreativestudies.